Québec Milk-Fed Veal Chops with Bleu Ermite Sauce
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and fry veal until browned on both sides. Salt and pepper.
- Wrap veal in aluminum foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Over medium heat, add shallot and deglaze with wine (or apple juice), scraping bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Reduce by half.
- Over low heat, incorporate cream and cheese by stirring until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve veal with sauce, asparagus and mashed sweet potatoes.