Québec Milk-Fed Veal Stew with Mushrooms
- Heat oil over high in a large thick-bottomed saucepan. Fry onion for 3 minutes and add veal cubes.
- Continue cooking for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Add flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in wine gradually, scraping bottom of saucepan in order to loosen all particles. Add beef broth, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cover and lower heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 1½ hours.
- Add dried mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms and beans to stew.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve over linguine.