- In a skillet, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp) of butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the squash and apples in the butter for 2 minutes. Add the beer, brown sugar and ginger. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir delicately to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid becomes syrupy. The squash should be cooked but not mushy.
- Remove from heat and keep warm. Sprinkle the veal slices with cinnamon and cracked pepper.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the veal 2 or 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked but still slightly pink inside. Serve with the glazed squash, and garnish with green onions at the last minute. Pasta makes a nice side dish.
Variation : For an unmistakably Quebec flavour, substitute maple syrup for the brown sugar (use the same amount). And be sure to use a Quebec-made beer!