White tuna and jalapeño quesadillas
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and fry chorizo sausage about 1 minute.
- Add red onion and jalapeño pepper and cook 2 minutes or until onion is softened. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil over low heat and then place a tortilla in pan. Sprinkle with 125 mL (½ cup) cheese, half the chorizo, onion, and jalapeño mixture. Add half the diced tomatoes and a can of tuna. Season with salt and pepper and top with 125 mL (½ cup) grated cheese. Cover with another tortilla and press down with your hands.
- Cook about 1 minute per side to brown lightly. Set aside.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the second quesadilla.
- Place quesadillas on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 4 minutes. Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces.