- Preheat oven broiler. Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Place quinoa and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove lid and let cool.
- In a large bowl, mix feta and tofu together. Add the garlic, kale, oregano, egg, and cooled quinoa.
- Season to taste.
- Use about 30 mL (2 tbsp.) at a time, shape mixture into 12 croquettes and then place them on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil about 7 minutes, or until croquettes are golden brown and crispy.
- Place three croquettes inside each pita. Top with tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, and cucumber.
You can easily make your own tzatziki if you like. It’s a very simple sauce made of plain yogurt, cucumber, and garlic.
Using a vegetable peeler, peel a medium cucumber. Continue peeling along the length to make cucumber ribbons.
Stop before hitting the seeds. Finely chop the cucumber ribbons and mix with 500 mL (2 cups) of plain Greek yogurt. Add a chopped clove of garlic and season with salt to taste.