- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. When cooked, transfer quinoa to a large salad bowl and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels away from the husk.
- Add the kale, black beans, corn, avocado, and vinaigrette to quinoa. Toss well.
- Serve salad at room temperature or chilled. Garnish with cilantro leaves and a lime wedge.
It's possible to replace the corn cob with 375 mL (1½ cups) of thawed frozen corn.