Rabbit with marjoram and vegetables
- Combine flour, salt and pepper on a plate. Coat rabbit meat with mixture and shake to remove excess. Heat oil in a casserole over high heat and sear rabbit meat on both sides until golden. Proceed in stages if required.
- Add wine vinegar, wine, chicken broth and garlic. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes, then continue cooking for 15 minutes. Add sweet potato, onions, chopped marjoram and sprigs of marjoram.
- Cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and rabbit meat separates easily from bones. The internal cooking temperature must reach 70°C (160°F).
- Replace rabbit with chicken pieces.
- Replace marjoram with fresh rosemary. Omit chopped herbs and use only sprigs.