- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Coat rabbit with flour on all sides. Shake off any excess. Set aside. In an ovenproof casserole dish, heat oil over medium-high and sear rabbit for about 2 minutes per side or until slightly golden. Remove from dish and set aside.
- In the same casserole dish, add celery, carrots and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until onion becomes translucent. Add rabbit, wine, tomatoes and sugar.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add olives, cover and continue baking for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Serve over mashed potatoes and celeriac. Sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley.
: Replace olives with 125 ml (½ cup) of prunes and 125 ml (½ cup) of diced sweet potatoes and add 10 ml (2 tsp.) of curry powder. Serve with coriander and lime zest.