- Brown pork in a large saucepan. Set aside. I n the same saucepan, brown rabbit meat until golden. Remove from pan and set aside. Sauté green onions in same pan.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add broth, mustard and herbs. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Return rabbit meat to broth, cover and let simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, lightly sauté mushrooms in oil in a large pan. Set aside. Prepare beurre manié in a small bowl by combining softened butter with flour. Set aside.
- After 40 minutes of cooking, remove rabbit meat and add beurre manié, mushrooms and cream. Mix until sauce thickens. Return rabbit meat to saucepan and thoroughly coat with sauce.
- Cook over low heat for 20 or 30 more minutes or until rabbit meat is tender. Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve immediately with barley pilaf (prepared same as rice pilaf), rapini and a root vegetable galette.
: Replace rabbit with pieces of chicken for a dish that's just as savoury.