- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- In a bowl, combine figs, Brazil nuts, orange peel and garlic. Reserve. In a separate bowl, stir together honey and balsamic vinegar. Reserve. Place racks of lamb on a work surface.
- Insert a long-bladed knife into one end of the meat and through the entire length of each rack to make a tunnel 2.5 cm (1-inch) in diameter.
- Stuff fig mixture into these cavities. Season the lamb with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Sear the racks, fat side down, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush lamb all over with balsamic vinegar mixture and place meat side down in the skillet. Pour remaining balsamic vinegar mixture over lamb. Roast in the oven, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 60°C (140°F).
- Remove lamb and wrap with aluminum foil. Reserve. In the meantime, place skillet on stove and heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add demi-glace sauce, scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove browned bits. Simmer sauce for 2 minutes, or until hot. Pour into a gravy boat. Serve racks of lamb with sauce and cardamom-scented basmati rice.
Variation: Replace figs by dates and orange peel by lemon peel.