Rack of Nagano pork with apple-pancetta sauce
- Mix together the mustard, 30 mL (2. tbsp.) of honey, paprika, and thyme. Brush mixture onto the meat, coating it well. Place in a resealable bag and put in the fridge to marinate for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F)
- In a skillet, sear the rack of pork on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place pork in a baking dish and drizzle with 175 mL (3/4 cup) of apple cider. Cook, basting every 15 minutes, for 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the meat registers 65°C (150°F). Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
- Deglaze skillet with remaining apple cider and reduce until it thickens into a sauce.
- Sauté the pancetta in a second skillet. Add the apples and remaining honey and cook 2 or 3 minutes. Pour in the sauce reserved and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Serve one pork rib per guest topped with apple-pancetta sauce, sprinkled with chives. Accompany with a small bowl of sour cream.