Rack of pork with apples and nuts
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Mix the applesauce, mustard, walnuts, 1 sprig of finely chopped rosemary (leaves only), and garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
- Season pork rack with salt and pepper. In a casserole dish, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of butter over medium-high heat. Sear pork for 2 minutes on each side. Remove pork from dish and let cool.
- Reduce heat to medium. In the casserole dish, heat the rest of the butter and brown the apples for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine and reduce by half. Add the maple syrup, bring to a boil, and then add the chicken broth. Remove from heat.
- Coat pork with the applesauce mixture and place it in on top of the browned apples in the casserole dish. Add the rest of the rosemary sprigs and bake for one hour. Check pork midway through cook time and cover with aluminum foil if the crust is browning too quickly.
- Serve pink topped with pan drippings and baked apples alongside mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley.