- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Combine the pesto, red wine, garlic, oregano and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Liberally brush the rack of pork with the pesto mixture. Wrap the exposed rib tips with aluminum foil to keep them from burning.
- Place the rack of pork in a roasting pan and add 125 mL (1/2 cup) water. Add more water during cooking if needed.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Baste and cook uncovered for another 30 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly cooked outside and pink inside. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with mashed butternut squash.
Suggestion for accompaniment: Vincor VQC Dunsbury red