Rack of Pork with Tea and Fennel
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a pan, heat oil and melt butter. Sear rack of pork on all sides and place in a baking dish. Season generously.
- Fry shallot, garlic and fennel in pan. Deglaze with wine and reduce by one-third. Add tea and 5 spice powder. Season and bring to a boil.
- Pour sauce over pork, cover and continue cooking for 35 minutes, or 40 minutes per kilogram (2.2 lb.). Baste regularly with sauce. Let pork stand 10 minutes before slicing (cut between the bones).
- In the meantime, retrieve sauce and bring to a boil. Dissolve flour in a little water and add to sauce while stirring. Let simmer until thickened. Add chopped fennel sprigs. Serve pork with risotto.