Brazilian-style pork, chorizo, and black bean stew recipe
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook pork for about 5 minutes or until browned on all sides. Season with salt and transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add sausage, vegetables, and garlic to same Dutch oven. Sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and orange zest and juice; bring to a boil. Return pork to Dutch oven, cover, and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add beans and continue cooking for 1 more hour or until pork is tender.
- Add cilantro when ready to serve.
You'll find La Soupière vegetable mix in the produce section. As they're already cooked, they'll save you time! And you can ask them at the deli meat counter to cut the exact quantity of chorizo sausage required for this recipe.