- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill.
- Backen the peppers on the barbecue, turning frequently on all sides.
- Place peppers in a bowl and cover with foil wrap. Let it sit a few minutes. Remove peel from the peppers, remove seeds, and cut into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic. Reduce heat and add the peppers. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, vinegar, paprika, and cook until caramelized. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Use it to garnish burgers and sandwiches.
To grill peppers in the oven instead of on the barbecue, halve them, remove the seeds, and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until the skin blackens, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, close inside the foil wrap, and let cool before removing the peeling.
It will keep in the refrigerator for 7 days.
Red peppers are one of the best sources of vitamin C, and red peppers contain about twice as much as green peppers.