*This recipe is courtesy of Saputo.
- In a large bowl, combine apples and lemon juice.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, heat icing sugar until caramelized and golden.
- Add apples to sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cream and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, egg yolks, and milk, then add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, then carefully fold into dough.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat, melt a small amount of butter and spread 45 mL (3 tbsp.) of dough in centre of skillet. Cook pancake for a few minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining dough to make 4 pancakes.
- Top pancakes with caramelized apples and serve immediately.