- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek, zucchini and red pepper. Fry for 5 minutes or until cooked but still crunchy.
- Remove vegetables and set aside on a plate. Add rice to saucepan and mix with oil until thoroughly coated. Pour in white wine and cook, stirring constantly, until wine has completely evaporated.
- Gradually add broth, about 250 ml (1 cup) at a time. Wait until broth has been completely absorbed each time.
- Cook, stirring regularly, for about 20 minutes or until done but slightly crunchy (al dente). The consistency will be creamy. Add vegetables and cheese to rice and mix gently. Pepper to taste.
- Serve as an accompaniment to grilled meat.
Variation: You can vary this recipe endlessly simply by changing the type of cheese—an ideal opportunity to give Quebec cheeses a starring role!