- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Using a knife, make eight small slits all over the pork. Insert a half-clove of garlic into each slit.
- Place pork roast in a roasting pan and add sliced onion, remaining garlic and chicken bouillon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour. Place sliced cabbage around the roast and continue cooking for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until meat easily shreds with a fork and cabbage is tender.
- Serve sliced roast with cabbage and a potato and carrot purée.
: Use leftover roast and cabbage to make gourmet sandwiches. Spread Dijon mustard onto two slices of rye or pumpernickel and fill with sliced pork roast, braised cabbage and thinly sliced dill pickles.