- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the potatoes and squash for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In the meantime, heat 5 mL (1 tsp.) of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until lightly golden. Add the pork and veal stock, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together the corn kernels and cream style corn. Set aside.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly in a baking dish and top with the corn mixture. Set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and squash and purée them together. Add the remaining butter and chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix together. Spread the purée over top of the corn.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until very hot. Place under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until the purée is golden brown.
VARIATION: Replace the corn kernels with a mixture of frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained.
How to use the remaining pork roast:
- Hot: Shred the pork and use it as you would for a hot chicken sandwich with sauce.
- Cold: Cut thin slices of the roast and use them in a sandwich made with sliced country loaf, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and lettuce.