- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Brush the still frozen turkey with olive oil or melted butter and season with pepper.
- Place turkey, breast-side up, on roasting pan rack.
- Add lemon, vegetables, and herbs to the roasting pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (375°F) and continue cooking, basting turkey from time to time, until the juices run clear and joints loosen, about 4½ to 5½ hours. (Note: cooking time will depend on the following factors – turkey size, initial temperature of poultry, how often oven door is opened, etc.) The turkey is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 82°C (180°F).
- Remove turkey from oven. Tent with foil wrap and let sit 20 minutes before carving.
*Click here to see the "Sausage stuffing" recipe!