- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Roast turkey according to package instructions.
- Mix beets, pear, onion, vinegar, sugar, and ginger in a saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 40 minutes or until somewhat syrupy.
- Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small skillet. Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Drain potatoes and add shallots and buttermilk.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mash until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle with parsley. Add more buttermilk if needed.
- In a bowl, toss sliced squash with oil, maple syrup, and halved heads of garlic. Spread on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Serve turkey with mashed potatoes, beet caviar, and squash slices, sprinkled with a mix of pumpkin seeds and dried fruit.
Tip: Use leftover turkey in countless ways: in sandwiches, soups, pasta, Asian dishes, in gravy, in shepherd's pie, in pot pies, etc.