- Line the bottom of a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9 in.) glass dish with parchment paper.
- Wash chicken and blot dry. Rub 5 mL (1 tps.) salt on inside and outside of chicken. Refrigerate uncovered for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Toss all vegetables in a large bowl with oil, thyme, remaining salt, and pepper. Scatter in baking dish and place chicken on top.
- Roast 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- The internal temperature should reach 82°C (180°F) in the meatiest part of the thigh.
- Serve chicken with vegetables and spoon cooking juice on top.
- Squeeze lemon wedges onto chicken.
You can vary the vegetables as you like, cutting in large chunks so they cook evenly.
Zero waste: Salvage the carcass to make broth.