Roasted pepper mini quiches from Stefano Faita
- Start by preparing the pastry: mix all the ingredients in the food processor until well combined. Transfer to a wooden cutting board and shape into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, roast the whole sweet peppers under the broiler or on the barbecue. Set aside to cool in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Next remove the skin and seeds before cutting peppers into strips. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and get out a muffin tin to bake the mini quiches in.
- Mix together the eggs, peppers, bacon, Parmesan, milk, and mint in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to cut 10 to 12 circles that are larger in diameter than muffin tins.
- Place dough into muffin cups and put an equal amount of pine nuts and cheddar in bottom of each one. Add egg mixture on top, without over filling.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.