Roasted root vegetables, exotic mushrooms and cipollini onions
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 9 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and cut in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- Cook the mushrooms in 5 mL (1 tsp.) each of olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 or 5 minutes or until nicely browned. Set aside.
- In the same skillet over mediumhigh heat, add the remaining olive oil and butter and cook the cipollini onions for 3 or 4 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Add the reserved potatoes and carrots and continue cooking 5 or 6 minutes.
- Add the reserved mushrooms, bordelaise sauce, balsamic vinegar, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large serving platter and garnish with fresh parsley.