- Preheat oven to 220˚C (425˚F).
- Clean duck thoroughly. Place duck in an ovenproof dish. Stuff with onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Prick duck all over to allow excess fat to drain off during cooking. Bake duck for about 1 hour (or 20 to 25 minutes per 500 g [1 lb.]).
- Baste with cooking juices regularly. When cooked, remove duck and cut into pieces. Keep warm. Prepare cranberry and port sauce. In a small saucepan, sauté onion and cranberries for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add port, honey and rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and reduce, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes. Season to taste. Place duck on plates and top with a little sauce. Serve with baby potatoes and a green vegetable.
Aide-gourmet tip : To prevent the duck fat from congealing during the meal, serve the duck on preheated plates.