- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Season pork rack with salt and pepper. In a saucepan, slowly heat oil and melt in 15 mL (1 tbsp.) butter.
- Add sage leaves and fry in fat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Brown pork on all sides.
- Set rack aside on a plate.
- Deglaze saucepan with lemon juice, then place rack in saucepan and add cinnamon and zest. Add chicken broth, garlic, and sage.
- Cook rack in oven for 45 to 60 minutes (core temperature must reach 65°C/150°F in the middle), basting every 15 minutes and adding a little maple syrup to the liquid each time.
- Wrap rack in aluminum foil and set aside on a board for approximately 10 minutes. The internal temperature will reach 70°C (158°F).
- Remove sage leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Whisk sauce vigorously, reducing it and adding butter until the sauce is smooth.
- Add a little cream, if desired.
- Slice pork rack and serve one chop per plate.
- Cover with a generous amount of sauce.
- Serve rack with mashed potatoes flavoured with sea salt, lemon zest, and a good amount of butter (add a little milk as needed), spinach wilted in a hot skillet with a little olive oil and garlic, and roasted root vegetables
To preserve as much of the flavours in the sage as possible, fry it in something fatty.
To bring out the lemon flavour in the potatoes, use lemon sea salt.
For a thick and creamy sauce, add corn starch dissolved in water and bring sauce to a boil.