- In a small bowl, use your hands to massage the onion in the sugar and vinegar. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the salad.
- Trim the woody stems off the asparagus. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; then cook the asparagus for 2 to 4 minutes until tender but still crunchy. Remove from hot water and rinse immediately under cold water. Set aside.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the asparagus on a plate and drizzle with half the dressing. Shell eggs; then cut in half and place on top of the asparagus. Drain the red onion and add to the salad with the prosciutto, lamb’s lettuce and sprouts. Season and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Tips and tricks:
You can also steam or grill the asparagus.
Asparagus has arrived in our grocery stores—a sure sign that spring is really here! This asparagus salad is perfect for sharing. Bursting with flavour and colour, this easy-to-make meal is even better when enjoyed with friends and family.
Does not freeze
Keeps in the refrigerator for 1 day