- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- On a floured work surface, roll out puff pastry as thin as possible into a large rectangle. Divide pastry in half to make two rectangles the size of the salmon fillets. Prick the pastry all over and place on a baking sheet. Bake on the lowest oven rack for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C (350°F).
- In the meantime, blend cheese and mustard in a small bowl. Reserve.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Season salmon fillets with pepper and sear for 1 minute on each side. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake salmon for about 8 minutes, or until just barely opaque.
- In the meantime, whisk together old-fashioned mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic and dill in a large bowl. Add baby spinach leaves and season with salt and pepper. Combine well and reserve.
- Spread cheese mixture onto each rectangular crust and top with a salmon fillet. Garnish fillets with spinach salad. Enjoy!
Aide-gourmet tip: Did you know that omega-3 fatty acids may be beneficial to heart health? They thin the blood, promote the lowering of bad cholesterol levels and help control blood pressure. The main sources of omega-3 are fatty fish such as salmon, tuna and mackerel. Enjoy them more often!