- Place the salmon in a large rectangular dish. In a bowl, combine the salt and sugar and spread over the salmon. Cover with plastic wrap and place the salmon in the fridge for 1 hour. Rinse the salmon with water to remove the salt and sugar mixture. Blot it with a paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 135 °C (275 °F).
- Place citrus slices in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish, and set aside a few slices to garnish the salmon.
- Place the salmon on top of the citrus slices and season the salmon with fennel, dry mustard and pepper. Place the remaining citrus on top of the salmon filet, sprinkle with dill sprigs, and pour the oil over top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
Chef’s secret: You can easily replace the citrus fruit with other varieties.