- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) and place rack in middle.
- Lay salmon fillet on a sheet of aluminum foil large enough to wrap it completely. Season well with salt and pepper, brush with butter, and garnish with lime slices.
- Wrap foil over salmon to make a large papillote, or sealed package. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until salmon is well cooked inside, about 15 minutes per pound. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Reserve.
- To serve, place salmon in the middle of the table and flake with a fork.
- Let guests help themselves to cream cheese, salmon chunks, and beet salad to top their bagels.
Add pomegranate arils to the salad for an extra burst of colour.
To save time, use salmon fillet cut in portions and bake 8 to 10 minutes.