- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine maple syrup and sesame oil in a small bowl. Place Asian pears in a separate bowl and toss with half of the maple mixture. Brush salmon pavés with remaining maple mixture.
- Reserve. In a skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat and sear salmon for 1 minute on each side.
- Place salmon in an ovenproof dish and bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until barely opaque. In the meantime, in the same skillet, sauté pears and juices over medium-high heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until pear is cooked and lightly caramelized.
- Serve salmon pavés together with pears, garnished with thin slices of green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve jasmine rice on the side.
: Omit sesame oil. Replace maple syrup by honey and Asian pears by green apple slices. Garnish with lemon zest.