Salmon with fennel and orange salsa from Josée di Stasio
- Grate lemon zest into a bowl.
- Use a sharp knife to cut away the peel and white pith from the lemon and oranges, cutting as close as possible to the flesh so no white pith remains. Next, run knife blade along each section to remove orange segments from the membrane. Cut citrus segments into 0.5 cm (¼ in.) pieces.
- Add to the bowl along with other ingredients and mix together.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Set aside at room temperature.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle each piece with olive oil. Spread 5 mL (1 tsp.) crushed fennel seed over each piece of salmon. Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes. In the meantime, place the rack in middle of the oven and preheat to 220°C (425°F).
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes (depending on thickness of fish). Finish baking under the broiler (10 cm/4 in. from the element). Continue baking for 2 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, but remains a little pink in the centre.
- Garnish with fennel and orange salsa before serving.
- Accompany with lemon-parsley couscous and watercress.