Québec-style philly cheese steak sandwich from Christian Bégin
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef, spices, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Fry until meat is nicely coloured. Deglaze the skillet with white wine and reduce until dry.
- Pour in chicken broth and reduce by three-quarters.
- Flambé the sauce with bourbon, if using. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and keep warm. Add a little oil to the skillet and grill bread, crust-side up, over medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Top ciabatta bread evenly with beef mixture, and then cheddar, and finally yogurt.
- Sprinkle with chives, and drizzle with maple syrup.