- Blend oil, tomato sauce, onion, chili powder, jalapeño pepper and Tabasco sauce in a shallow dish.
- Add steaks and coat well with marinade. Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate steaks in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Turn meat over once during this time.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Drain steaks and place on oiled barbecue rack. Cook 6 to 7 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Garnish each steak with avocado slices, coriander leaves and lime wedges, and serve with grilled corn on the cob and sour cream.
Variation: Replace rib-eye steaks by chicken breasts.
Tip: The barbecue is the ideal cooking appliance for summer. Consider it for grilling side dishes (vegetables, bread, grilling cheese) and even desserts! Pineapple, papaya, mango, pear, pound cake and sponge cake are all delicious grilled on the barbecue.