- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Cut the top off the garlic bulb and brush lightly with oil. Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Let cool. Squeeze roasted garlic purée from the cloves. Lightly oil four 250-mL (1-cup) ramekins.
- Arrange tomato halves on the bottom of each ramekin, cut side down. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and reserve.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, egg, egg whites, garlic purée, milk, fresh cheese, Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan.
- Pour enough mixture into ramekins to reach halfway up tomatoes. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and divide remaining batter evenly among ramekins. Continue cooking for 35 minutes or until clafoutis are cooked and golden.
- Let cool and remove from ramekins. Garnish clafoutis with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with mesclun salad and raw vegetable sticks.
Variation: Replace fresh cheese by Greek-style fat-free yogurt.