Savoury Stuffed Cœur de bœuf Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cut a 1 cm (1/2") slice off the top of each tomato. Reserve tops. Hollow out tomatoes, keeping the outside and bottom fully intact. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the meat for about 5 minutes or until fully cooked, breaking up any clumps.
- Drain the fat and reserve the meat. Meanwhile, combine rice, garlic, broth and canned tomatoes and their juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Quickly cover and remove from the heat. Let sit for 6 to 7 minutes or until rice is tender. In a large bowl combine the cooked meat, coriander, cinnamon, currants, pine nuts and salt with the rice mixture, and mix well. Season with cayenne or hot sauce to taste.
- Loosely stuff each tomato with about 125 ml (½ cup) of the rice mixture, dividing evenly. Do not overstuff the tomatoes. Lightly spray a 23 cm x 33 cm (9" x 13") glass baking pan with pan spray and arrange the tomatoes in the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Place the reserved tops on the tomatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.