Sesame scallops with Asian peanut and vegetable stir-fry
- Mix the first eight ingredients in a small bowl.
- Set aside. Place sesame seeds in a shallow ovenproof dish and place under broiler for 10 minutes (or until golden), stirring midway through cooking. Set aside. Cook rice vermicelli according to instructions on package. Set aside.
- Place flour, egg and toasted sesame seeds in three separate small bowls.
- Pat scallops dry. Dip top of scallops in flour, egg and sesame seeds so that top is fully covered. Place scallops on a baking sheet and bake at 190oC (375oF) for about 8 to 10 minutes. Meantime heat olive oil in a wok.
- Once oil is hot, add all vegetables and briefly stir-fry. Add peanut sauce to vegetables and stir until heated through. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve by placing stir-fried vegetables and peanut sauce on a bed of rice vermicelli, then top with 3 to 4 scallops per person. Garnish with fresh coriander, a lime wedge and toasted sesame seeds.