- In a saucepan, cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and reserve.
- In the same saucepan, blend chicken bouillon, curry paste, fish sauce, hot pepper sauce and lime juice. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Add bok choy and shrimp. Allow soup to simmer for 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked. Divide rice noodles among four large soup bowls. Ladle soup broth over top, distributing shrimp and bok choy equally among bowls.
- Garnish with basil leaves at serving time.
* Bok choy is a variety of Chinese cabbage. The white stems are somewhat like celery and the green leaves are similar to spinach.
: For a completely vegetarian version of the soup, replace shrimp by tofu cubes and the chicken bouillon by vegetable bouillon.