- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place a sheet of phyllo pastry on a fl at work surface. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle one third of sesame seeds over top. Cover with a second sheet of phyllo; brush on butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Top with a third sheet of phyllo pastry. Brush with remaining butter and sprinkle on remaining sesame seeds. Cut phyllo sheets into 24 equal squares. Line mini-muffi n tin with pastry squares to form cups. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Allow to cool.
- Reserve 12 whole shrimp for garnish. Remove tails from remaining shrimp and chop coarsely. In a bowl, gently combine whipped cream, chopped shrimp, lime zest, hot pepper, ginger, garlic, coriander and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to phyllo cups, dividing evenly. Garnish each cup with a whole shrimp or a ginger rosette, as well as a coriander leaf and a quarterslice of lime. Enjoy!
Note: To serve as appetizers on a bed of baby salad leaves, bake phyllo cups in a regular muffin tin.
Variation: Replace sesame seeds by unsweetened coconut and hot pepper by 5 mL (1 tsp.) curry paste.