- Dissolve sugar and salt in vinegar and boiling water. Immediately pour over vegetables in a jar and cover with lid.
- Let stand to cool at room temperature and refrigerate. (Keeps one week in the refrigerator.)
- Mix all ingredients in a lidded jar.
- Set aside.
- Place 125 mL (½ cup) of quinoa or rice and 125 mL (½ cup) of marinated vegetables in each bowl.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber, edamame, radish wedges, and 4 cooked shrimp.
- Add 15 mL (1 tbsp.) of the vinaigrette over the shrimp; salt and pepper the cucumbers, edamame and radish wedges.
- Top with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Add vinaigrette to taste.
Let salad ingredients sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Drain marinated vegetable leftovers well and add them to a sandwich, alongside a Parmentier, or as a topping to a side dish of rice.
For the bowl, you can choose the vegetables suggested in the recipe or any other of your favourites.
The bowls can also be prepared with cubes of salmon, tuna or tofu.