- Combine all filling ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- In another bowl, mix flour with cornstarch. Add oil and boiling water and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- On a clean, lightly floured surface, knead the dough about 5 minutes until smooth. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 15 minutes. Roll dough into a 5-cm long cylinder.
- Cut about 24 slices, 2.5 mm thick. Shape each one into a little ball. Use a rolling pin to flatten into a 2-mm thick round. Spoon 15 mL (1 tbsp.) filling onto a round and then fold it in half. Pinch edges of dough together to seal.
- Put a little water in the bottom of a double boiler, place the dumplings on a plate and place it in the upper part of double boiler. Cover and steam dumplings for about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry the snow peas and sweet pepper strips in a little canola oil for a few minutes in a skillet. Set aside in a bowl. Combine the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soya sauce in a small bowl, pour over the vegetables and mix well.
- Serve the dumplings with the stir-fried vegetables and a bit of satay sauce.
Aide-gourmet tip: You can also use a wok. Place a little water in a wok. Cover with a small plate turned upside down and bring water to a boil. Place a larger plate right-side-up on top, and pour on a bit of canola oil. Steam the dumplings as you would in a double boiler.