- Place cedar wraps in a large dish and cover with water.
- Place a dish heavy enough to keep wraps submerged on top, and soak for about 15 minutes. Preheat barbecue at medium heat.
- On a work surface, place 3 shrimp on each wrap in the same direction as the wood grain. Divide garlic, red pepper, mushrooms and zucchini evenly among the wraps.
- Roll up wraps and tie closed in the middle. Place wraps directly on BBQ grill. Close lid and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until shrimp are pinkish and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat and serve as an appetizer, along with basmati rice.
Variation: Use white wine to soak wraps. Omit vegetables, and add 15 mL (1 tbsp.) sesame seeds, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) grated gingerroot and 45 mL (3 tbsp.) chopped fresh coriander to shrimp.