Skate Wing with Beurre Blanc
- Soak skate wings in water with lemon juice for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly; drain and reserve.
- In the meantime, place shallots in a small saucepan with wine and vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat until only 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of liquid remain in the pan. Reduce heat to medium.
- Reserve 30 mL (2 tbsp.) butter to cook skate wings. Add remaining butter to the saucepan, keeping the mixture at a low simmer and whisking until sauce is pale and creamy.
- Season to taste and add lemon juice and chives. Reserve.
- Heat 30 mL (2 tbsp.) butter in a skillet and fry skate wings 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve skate wings and beurre blanc sauce with baby potatoes and zucchini.