This recipe is courtesy of Fromagerie d’Oka - Agropur.
- In a small bowl, combine red wine, mustard, garlic, oil, and paprika and mix well.
- Put skirt steak in a sealable plastic bag or an airtight container. Add marinade and coat beef well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 48 hours.
- Once meat is marinated, slice it against the grain into 4 equal servings of approx. 100 g (3½ oz.). Cover in plastic wrap and flatten using a meat tenderizer or the bottom of a skillet.
- Top each piece of meat with 1 slice of OKA raclette cheese and 2 or 3 asparagus sections, and season to taste.
- Roll up stuffed meat slices and thread each piece onto a skewer.
- Barbeque or sauté rolls in a skillet over medium-high heat for 7 to 8 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, drizzle balsamic vinegar over meat and let sit for 2 or 3 minutes.
For even more flavour, use smoked paprika.
To blanche the asparagus, plunge the spears into a saucepan of boiling water and cook uncovered for 1 or 2 minutes, then immediately transfer to an ice bath to cool.