- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients except the accompaniments.
- Divide mixture into two freezer bags (two 4-serving meals). Label bags and place in freezer.
- The day before your meal, thaw contents of one freezer bag overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, place thawed contents in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7 hours. Break up chicken with a fork.
- Serve chicken mixture on tortillas. You'll need half the amounts indicated for accompaniments to top the fajitas.
Adjust the level of spiciness to taste by adding more jalapeño pepper or using spicy salsa.
For additional protein and fibre, add a can of well rinsed black beans for the last bit of cook time.