By Geneviève O’Gleman, nutritionist, savourer.ca
Photo credit: Maude Chauvin
- Cube the carrots and parsnips. Finely chop the garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustards, honey, garlic, and thyme. Season generously with pepper and add a pinch of salt.
- Place the baby potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Pour the honey mustard mix onto the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 6 hours on low, then leave on warm for 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Store for 2 days in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
- To prepare this recipe ahead of time, stop after step 3, place the slow cooker bowl into the fridge, and start cooking in the morning. This recipe is perfect for when you’re away at work for 10 hours. If you want to make it when you’re at home, you can also cook the chicken for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low, depending on the time you have. All these methods work; we’ve tested them for you!