- Place flour in a large freezer bag. Add veal cubes and seal bag tightly. Shake to coat meat with flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add veal. Brown meat on all sides, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Transfer veal cubes to the slow cooker. Reserve. Add garlic to the same skillet and cook for 1 minute, or until lightly golden.
- Add chicken bouillon and balsamic vinegar, scraping the bottom of the skillet to remove browned bits. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this mixture onto the veal cubes in the slow cooker. Cover and cook at low for 5 hours, or until meat is tender and easily shreds with a fork. Add cippolini onions and portobello mushrooms and cook at high for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked.
- Serve meat and vegetables on a bed of fresh pasta and sprinkle fresh rosemary and Parmesan cheese shavings on top.
Stovetop variation: In a large saucepan, brown veal cubes following the slow cooker method. Transfer meat to a plate and reserve. Cook garlic in saucepan for 1 minute. Add reserved meat, 1.5 L (6 cups) chicken bouillon and 45 mL (3 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 45 minutes, or until veal is tender. Add cippolini onions and portobello mushrooms and cook for 30 minutes. Serve garnished with fresh rosemary and Parmesan cheese shavings. Savour.