- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Clean potatoes using a brush and prick them a few times with a fork.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop them out, leaving about 1 cm (½ in.) of flesh.
- Fill with half the smoked meat topping that's been heated, half the green onions, cheese, and then sprinkle on remaining smoked meat topping
- Bake in a 220°C (425°F) oven for 10 minutes and then broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top potato skins with sour cream, the remaining green onions, and chives.
Keep the unused potato flesh for making mashed potatoes.