- In a small bowl, stir together pepper, coriander, onion salt, paprika and brown sugar. Coat beef medallions on both sides with this spice mixture. C over withplastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue at high heat.
- Remove medallions from fridge and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss carrots with a little oil to coat well.
- Place beef medallions and carrots on oiled barbecue grill. Cook medallions and carrots for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Remove medallions. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place carrots in a bowl; add parsley, chives, tarragon, lemon juice, and salt to taste.
- Serve beef medallions and carrots with baked potatoes or a chunk of crusty whole grain bread.
For Mexican-style beef medallions, replace the smoked paprika by chili powder. Serve with chunks of grilled corn on the cob.